Fire crews were called to a blaze in a property in Kenton near Exeter lats night.
The Fire Service received a call reporting a smell of a electrical burning inside a domestic property at Penhayes Close, Kenton at 21:27.
One fire appliance from Middlemoor Exeter and one fire appliance from Dawlish were sent.
On arrival crews confirmed a small fire involving an iron within the ground floor living room of a semi detached house.
The fire was out on the arrival of fire crews who inspected the property to ensure it was safe.
The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.