Fire crews have spent several hours dealing with a blaze in Sidmouth this morning.
Crews were alerted to the incident at 10:20am this morning after reports of an explosion and a shed on fire at Furzehill, Sidbury, Sidmouth.
On arrival at the scene crews requested an additional appliance due to fire spreading to an adjacent property. Another additional appliance from Sidmouth was sent.
Western Power Distribution was also sent to the scene to isolate the electricity.
A fire involving a shed spread to the roof space of a ground floor extension and crews got at work using four breathing apparatus and two hose reels.
An ambulance was also called as a man had suffered from smoke inhalation during the incident.
By 11:25am the fire was in an out building and ground floor extension building and Western Power was called to isolate over head power cables.
Asbestos was also discovered in the ceiling of the property during the incident.
By 12:36 the electricity had been isolated and crews stripped roof tiles on the single storey extension.
At 2:09pm the fire service confirmed an outbuilding and the ground floor was completely destroyed by the fire.
There was also fifty percent smoke damage to the main property. Crews extinguished the fire using four breathing apparatus, one hose, ladders and thermal image camera used.