Police officers from around the county have been awarded for their individual acts of bravery and for displaying exemplary acts of frontline policing.
The awards were presented by Superintendent Chris Eastwood, police commander for the areas of Exeter, East and Mid Devon.
Supt Eastwood said, “These awards recognise the excellent work that goes on, both on the frontline and behind the scenes, to keep the areas of Exeter, East and Mid Devon safe. I am proud to be the commander of such a professional and hard working team of officers”.
Commander certificates awarded to:
- PCSO Justin Willis for his outstanding contribution to the community of Whipton.
- Detective constable Allison Berry for her excellent investigation skills in unveiling a large-scale fraud and money laundering operation.
Commander commendations awarded to:
- PC James Mackay for putting himself in danger to save the life of a suicidal man.
- PC Michael Harper for displaying great initiative and courage in a life-threatening situation.
- PC Phil Wilson for demonstrating professionalism, determination and dedication to his role.
Commander lifetime achievement awarded to:
- PC Martin Young for dedicating his career to serving the community of Exmouth.
“These awards are a celebration of some of the fantastic contributions by local police officers to the communities of Exeter, East and Mid Devon” said Superintendent Chris Eastwood.
Senior officers from Devon and Cornwall Police, Lord Mayor of Exeter and Mayor of Exmouth attended.
The event was held at Guildhall, Exeter