Login Register
 °

Elderly woman rescued from Exmouth house fire

By Rich_Booth  |  Posted: January 09, 2013

fireengine

fireengine

Comments (0)

An elderly woman was rescued from a blaze on Gibson Close in Exmouth on Wednesday night.

The fire service received the report of smoke within a property and a smoke alarm sounding at 9:41pm.

Two fire appliances from Exmouth were mobilised and on arrival crews found a fire within the ground floor kitchen area.  One elderly female was led to safety by fire crews.

Crews extinguished the fire using two breathing apparatus wearers, 1 hose reel jet and ventilated the property using a positive pressure ventilation fan.

The cause of the fire was accidental involving the cooker.

Read more from Exeter Express and Echo

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES