Login Register

Fire at Ivor Doble jewellery shop on Sidwell Street

By mike_byrne  |  Posted: February 08, 2013

  • Flaming L: The sign caught fire outside the jewellery shop

  • Flaming L: The sign caught fire outside the jewellery shop

Comments (0)

Business returned to usual today after a fire broke out in the Ivor Doble jewellery shop on Sidwell Street.

The fire is believed to have started in the letter L of the shop sign.

Three fire appliances were called to the blaze at approximately 2pm today.

The fire was quickly extinguished by Exeter firefighters and Mr Doble, who was not at the shop, was on soon hand to organise the business in the wake of the blaze.

He said: “It has caused a bit of a mess but mainly electrical damage. No one has been hurt, which is the most important thing.

“We have got the lights back on and it is business as usual here.

“It will take more than a little fire to stop Ivor Doble.”

Read more from Exeter Express and Echo

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES