Login Register
 °

Kenton home evacuated after chimney collapse

By Exeter Express and Echo  |  Posted: February 18, 2014

Fire engine
Comments (0)

A home near Exeter was evacuated last night after a chimney toppled over on to its roof.

The Fire Service received a call reporting a chimney which had fallen into the roof of a domestic property in Kenton at 9pm last night.

Upon arrival, fire crews requested the attendance of a Building Control Officer from Teignbridge District Council.

Crews confirmed one large detached two storey property with a large chimney breast measuring three metres height by two metres width and one metre in depth which had fallen from its mountings and was resting on the tiles of the property.

The property had been evacuated and all persons were safe and well.

Teignbridge District Council Building Control Officer declared the building safe and fire crews made the chimney and roof of the property weather proof using ladders for access, lighting, salvage sheets, lines and safety at height equipment. T

he incident was left in the hands of occupants.

Read more from Exeter Express and Echo

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES