EXMOUTH’S high-profile, long awaited bowling alley complex is opening its doors today – five years after building work began.
The 12-lane bowling alley and bar, located on the ground floor of the three-storey complex, is due to open this afternoon.
Louise Carter, 41, went with her parents and two children. "It's great it's finally open," she said. "it looks really nice and I think it will be a real asset to Exmouth."
As previously reported by the Echo, developer Mark Quinn of Harlequinn Leisure was served legal notice by East Devon District Council to complete the multimillion-pound building within two months, by January 13.
The council took action in order to speed up completion of the building.
The authority previously confirmed that the building needs to reach “practical completion” by the date.
Michael Lee, 49, went with his son and his three grandchildren. "it's great, it's what Exmouth needs - there's not much for young people to do, it was worth waiting for. The food is really good too, we'll definitely be coming back."
Grainne Robb, who co-directs the complex with her husband Isaac, added: "The last few weeks have been crazy busy and it still is, but it's great to be open, it's been busy since the doors opened which is brilliant. Everyones said really positive things and how much it's needed in Exmouth."