Honiton police are today hunting a suspect after a robbery on a High Street store.
A female shop worker was attacked by a lone male suspect as she opened the store to start work at 9am today.
The offender stole a high value quantity of jewellery from Banwell Antiques Ltd, High Street, Honiton.
The offender stole a high value quantity of jewellery and first description of the property stolen is:
The description of the property stolen is:
• various/numerous gold bangles, bracelets, necklaces and rings.
• 30 semi precious and diamond set pendants white and gold
• 2-300 rings set with diamonds & semi precious stones
• Amethyst oval shaped 20+ carats surrounded by 4 carat diamonds set in a gold pendant
• Oval shaped black opal surrounded by diamonds
• Natural tallow sapphire 7 carat worth set in 18 carat white gold surrounded by 1 carat of diamond
• 18 carat solid gold gents solitaire ring with 21/2 carat diamond
• Oval shaped pink sapphire and diamond stud earings set in white gold
• Oval shaped emerald and diamond cluster ring
• Long strand of graduated graded beads 26”
• Long strand of hollow ornate gold balls in necklace
The male sought is a white male of slim build, heavily unshaven, short dark hair, aged between 30 – 50 years. He was wearing a blue coat, blue denim jeans, black trainers, beige coloured flat cap and was carrying a blue rucksack.
The victim is shaken but unhurt in this attack which is extremely rare for this area of Devon.
Detectives are appealing to the community for any witnesses who may have seen anyone in the vicinity of the High Street and the junction of Silver Street in Honiton at or around 9am on Saturday 22nd March 2014 to come forward either by contacting Devon and Cornwall police on 101 quoting police log number 467 22/03/14 or to give anonymous information please contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.