National Rail has announced that the disruption between Exeter St Davids and Yeovil Junction will continue tomorrow, with the same timetable as today applying.
Read today’s update on train disruption in the South West below:
Exeter St Davids - Yeovil Junction (South West Trains)
These changes will continue throughout today
Due to a landslip at Honiton, and flooding near Axminster, trains are being disrupted between Exeter St Davids and Yeovil Junction.
Trains are running between Exeter St Davids and Yeovil Junction with the following changes:
A limited train service between Exeter St Davids, Yeovil Junction and London Waterloo with trains running approximately every 2 hours
Buses will run between Exeter St Davids and Axminster to supplement the train service
Trains will not call at Pinhoe, Whimple and Feniton except for the following services - 06:08 Salisbury to Exeter St Davids, 20:20 London Waterloo to Exeter St Davids, 05:10 Exeter St Davids to London Waterloo, 21:23 and 22:57 Exeter St Davids to Salisbury. Passengers should use the bus services running between Exeter St Davids and Axminster.
Trains between Yeovil Junction and London Waterloo are able to run normally.
Plymouth, Exeter St Davids, Taunton, Bristol Temple Meads (CrossCountry and First Great Western)
The line between Tiverton Parkway and Exeter St Davids has now reopened.
There is a new landslip in the Teignmouth area. Because of this, trains are currently unable to run between Exeter St Davids and Newton Abbot.
Flooding is causing disruption in the Tiverton Parkway area and a landslip is causing disruption in the Teignmouth area. The following changes will apply:
• A limited train service can now run between Tiverton Parkway and Exeter St Davids, but there will be delays of up to 60 minutes. A limited bus service will continue to run to supplement the train service between Tiverton Parkway and Exeter St Davids. However, the availability of these services are subject to road conditions in the area. Some of these buses will be extended to and from Bristol Temple Meads calling at Taunton.
• Trains are currently unable to run between Exeter St Davids and Newton Abbot. This is due to a landslip at Teignmouth. There is no current estimate for when a normal service will resume on this line. A very limited road replacement service is in place between Exeter St Davids and Newton Abbot.
• First Great Western passengers may use South West Trains on all reasonable routes
• CrossCountry and First Great Western are accepting each others tickets between Bristol Temple Meads and Exeter St Davids
• First Great Western passengers with tickets dated for yesterday can use them today
Exeter St Davids - Barnstaple (First Great Western)
Buses are replacing trains between Exeter St Davids and Barnstaple. Due to engineering work buses are already replacing trains between Barnstaple and Crediton. These buses are extended to run to and from Exeter St Davids. This is expected to continue throughout today.
Swindon - Bristol Parkway (First Great Western)
Because of a landslip, trains between Swindon and Bristol Parkway are being delayed by up to 30 minutes. A reduced service is running between London Paddington and Cardiff Central. Until 16:00 trains will be diverted and not call at Bristol Parkway, a bus will run between Bristol Parkway and Patchway.
Cheltenham Spa - Bristol Parkway ( CrossCountry and First Great Western)
Because of a landslip, trains between Cheltenham Spa and Bristol Parkway are being delayed by up to 45 minutes. Some CrossCountry trains may be diverted via Lydney. Some CrossCountry services will not run between Birmingham New Street and Bristol Temple Meads. Buses are running from Bristol Parkway to Yate, Cam & Dursley & Gloucester. This is expected to continue throughout today.
First Great Western Sleeper services
Details of the arrangements for the sleeper services have not yet been confirmed.