Lent. When people attempt to give up something for 40 days. Except, it never works! Nobody I know gets past 23 days! Everybody fails it seems... To the extent where people know don't even attempt anything! However, many people still do... And I have decided to come up with a couple of things that you should NOT give up for lent.
- Work. Bosses/teachers generally don't like it if you don't turn up.
- Technology. You just wouldn't cope.
- Sleeping. Probably bad for your health.
- Drinking water. Your cells need it people. Not a good idea to abuse them!
- Deodorant. I don't want to put up with smelly people...
- Feeding the cat, they get annoying otherwise
- Social life.
- Wearing clothes.
- All forms of exercise.
- The girlfriend. (Although you'd probably save a lot of money over valentines day...)
And probably many more!
I can remember when I was younger and someone had an absolute fit at the teacher because he didn't want to do the ICT lesson because he had given up using computers for lent. Until he was reminded that Easter was a week ago...
Easy things to give up for lent:
- Space exploration.
- Acting like Charles Darwin.
- Crushes on Brian Cox (old people)
- Building a nuclear warhead.
- Eating horses (actually... That's probably not easy in the current situation...)
- Waking up at 3 in the morning.
- Listening to dubstep (it's an alien message, not music).
- Younger siblings.
I wanted to do a list with 20 things on each, but seeming as nobody lasts for 40 days, I think I did alright.
I made pancakes with my friends two years ago. Top tip: never make pancakes with friends. They were unbelievably salty as a 'pinch of salt' was not a pinch... Also some ended up with paprika or chilli in... Not great. Stick to lemon and sugar people...
I hope I have inspired people to give up something realistic for lent this time, I think I'm going to give up younger siblings... Would love to know your opinion! Use the comment box below! Good luck everyone and enjoy your pancakes!!!
For more stories, visit email@example.com