Five fire engines were called to tackle a hotel blaze in Dawlish Warren yesterday evening.
Staff at Langston Cliff Hotel in Dawlish Warren called the emergency services at 18:29 to report a fire at the rear of the building.
On arrival crews found a blaze involving the plant room, chimney flue and a flat roof.
Fiver appliances attended along with a command unit and support pump from Totnes and an aerial ladder platfrom from Exeter Danes Castle.
Crews extinguished the fire using breathing appartus, hose reel jets, thermal imaging camera and ladders.
Firefighters putting out the building fire also confirmed the incident contained asbestos which was dealt with locally.
The cause of the fire was confirmed as accidental and duty of care was left with hotel staff.