THERE'S STILL time to tell East Devon District Council (EDDC) what you think about the proposed 'Exmouth Splash' development – before the consultation closes on Monday 14 January…
According to EDDC, Exmouth Splash is planned to be "a new, vibrant and colourful leisure and recreation area on Exmouth seafront, between the old Lifeboat Station and The Maer on Queen's Drive".
Architect's impressions, together with ideas for fresh features within Exmouth Splash, have been on view in Exmouth as well as on-line at www.eastdevon.gov.uk/exmouthsplash since late November 2012. During that time EDDC say that "many people have taken the chance to give their views and tell EDDC what they think".
Key aspects of the proposed Exmouth Splash development include:
- A large privately-run play and recreation area, including both indoor and outdoor facilities
- A water sports hub, to be the centrepiece of the other main leisure area located on the seafront
- Retail areas, an amusement arcade and also a public square
- A hotel or holiday accommodation scheme
- A new two-storey café and/or restaurant
- A new 200 space-plus car parking area
- Re-aligning the existing road away from the seafront to make way for these changes.
"We really do want to hear from as many people as possible, though, to help shape and improve the plans before a formal planning application goes forward. Whatever your views, please take a minute or two to fill in the consultation questionnaire and let us know what you think."
Having been on show around Exmouth since late November, as well as at events such as the Exmouth Christmas Cracker, EDDC says that full illustrations and descriptions for Exmouth Splash are still on show in the window of the former Thomas Tucker shop opposite Exmouth Town Hall. Response forms are available to pick up at the Town Hall itself.
Visitors to Exmouth Pavilion can also see the proposals on display in the main foyer every day until the consultation closes. EDDC members and officers will be on hand at The Pavilion to discuss the plans in detail this Thursday (10 January, 10.30am – 12.30pm).
In summary, the detailed Exmouth Splash plans are available until Monday 14 January to study and comment on in detail:
- on-line at www.eastdevon.gov.uk/exmouthsplash
- in the window of the former Thomas Tucker shop opposite Exmouth Town Hall, with response questionnaires available in the Town Hall itself
- in the main foyer area of Exmouth Pavilion
Anyone who would like to be sent details of the consultation by post, as well as a full response questionnaire, can do so by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 01395 517569.
Councillors will study and consider all comments in advance of a formal planning application likely to be submitted in February or March of 2013.