Login Register

Discussion

“The story about Steve Maddern, executive head at West Exe Technology College in Exeter, earning £152,211 a year has sparked a lot of interest. What are your thoughts?”

By 1nternet Posted: March 06, 2012

7 comments

7 replies

Start the discussion

max 4000 characters
  • kazfielder  |  May 10 2012, 10:22AM

will we ever know whether or not these tyrants are held accountable? I think that this will be a hush hush job to which we will never know the outcome - the DCC are very clever at that, as I said previously when I was bullied into a nervous breakdown (whilst I was PA and Clerk to the Governors) by a certain Head of a Certain school -because I dared to speak out of the atrocities I knew were going on and the unfair treatment to the "low rated hard working Admin Staff, whilst the top notches were enjoying outragous privaledges, I was paid off and made to sign an agreement that meant that I could never speak of my circumstances publically or ever put my accounts into print - I did agree to do that but with a personal clause to ask that the DCC keep a close eye on members of schooling staff that are in highly paid privaledged jobs to ensure that they are not abusing their positions - obviously nothing has changed.

• exwestex  |  May 11 2012, 6:53PM

Is it true that the acting head teacher at West Exe, Mrs Carer, was appointed without the job being advertised? Were all the 'new' leadership team appointed by Steve Maddern without interview or advertisement? I wonder... Good news that he has resigned, this will give the hard working and much put upon staff a new lease of life, but shouldn't he be brought to account for his actions?

• tuftyaurelius  |  May 27 2012, 11:51PM

The Madderns are an utter disgrace to the world of education: selfish. self-serving and nothing more than common criminals...totally unacceptable behaviour when so many are unemployed and many on the minimum wage of £6.08 per hour! Such bullies as well...gagging members of staff from speaking out at their fat cat salaries? The entire senior management team, rotten and corrupt to the core! They deserve prison sentences for such fraud.

• tuftyaurelius  |  May 28 2012, 11:01PM

Too many people use cars!!!! What's wrong with walking, cycling, taking the train or bus to work? Why not MORE car sharing? Just too much idiocy and selfishness.

• tuftyaurelius  |  September 02 2012, 12:10AM

"The Madderns are an utter disgrace to the world of education: selfish. self-serving and nothing more than common criminals...totally unacceptable behaviour when so many are unemployed and many on the minimum wage of £6.08 per hour! Such bullies as well...gagging members of staff from speaking out at their fat cat salaries? The entire senior management team, rotten and corrupt to the core! They deserve prison sentences for such fraud." Report

• tuftyaurelius  |  September 02 2012, 12:11AM

"The Madderns are an utter disgrace to the world of education: selfish. self-serving and nothing more than common criminals...totally unacceptable behaviour when so many are unemployed and many on the minimum wage of £6.08 per hour! Such bullies as well...gagging members of staff from speaking out at their fat cat salaries? The entire senior management team, rotten and corrupt to the core! They deserve prison sentences for such fraud." Report

• kmhawlem58  |  October 18 2012, 11:41AM

I have recently discovered that one member of the senior leadership team, still in post, definitely deserves to go. When students have nervous breakdowns it is obvious that a school needs looking into.

START A DISCUSSION

Something about your area!