Reports that footballer Gareth Bale has been sold for an astonishing £94 million have prompted thoughts of how that money could be spent in Exeter.
1. Buy Luis Suarez for Exeter FC - and use the change to stop him getting hungry.
2. Park for at least three days in a city centre car park.
3. Buy some weed killer.
4. Install some proper seats for the High Street bus stops.
5. Pay all the fat cat redundancy benefits at the RD&E so they can spend NHS money of patients.
6. Knock down South Street as far as the White Hart and turn the area into gardens and greenery – with fountains
7. Install a San Francisco- style tram system from the top of Cowick Street to the Blackboy Road roundabout.
8. Establish an Exeter Fund to pay £1m a year for 94 years to good causes in the city.
9. Electrify the Redvers Buller statue in New North Road.
10. Invite every Exeter resident to a party - and make it a good one.